Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Why I love being an Aunt

Being an Aunt is such a special relationship – it is all of the fun and none of the work.  

I get to watch my amazing nieces and nephews grow into incredible people that I am really proud to know.

We have special secrets – just between us.  We have inside jokes that we like to laugh about in front of their parents just to bug them.

I get the chance to make fun of my siblings, which gives my nieces and nephews a chance to see their parents in a whole new way.

I get to share their interests and learn more about technology, sports and so many other things that I would not have learned without them.

I get to be a ‘Great Aunt’ (although let’s face it I am already a great aunt)

I have so much fun sharing memories with them, especially corny old pictures of the family and stories about our history.

Unlike their parents, I don’t give advice unless they ask me.  My only job is to encourage them and let them know how much I love them.

Everyone has that one weird uncle, but somehow being the weird Aunt is cool.

And yes, someday they will be the ones to sneak booze into my nursing home. 







No comments:

Post a Comment