Thursday, July 26, 2018

Being a Grandma is the Best!

Getting a chance to Facetime with my amazing grandson makes my whole day so much better.  I just love being a Grandma – It is everything I hoped it would be. 

So many of my friends who are also Grandparents feel the same way so I wanted to share some fun Grandparent memes. 
This is so true, my daughter picks on me for spoiling my beautiful Grandson, but I consider it my official job as grandma to buy him too many clothes and toys.
 My Grandson lives far away, but I am hoping he and his Mom & Dad will move here soon.  
I took William shopping on my last visit and we had so much fun. He kept grabbing toys off the shelf and I have to admit most of them did find their way into my cart. 

 My hubby and I have teased about giving grandkids tons of sugary treats and then sending them home, but for now I do make sure my sweet boy gets plenty of good healthy food – but I’m not saying I won’t indulge him once in awhile.
I have always been accused of being a mama bear and you can bet that will not change with my grandson, in fact its probably even worse. That little boy is the light of my life.
Being a Grandma really is my happily ever after. I never thought I could love anyone as much as my daughters, but my grandson showed me that I could.  He is perfect and I am so grateful he is in my life. 

26 comments:

  1. I love all of these memes and yes being a grandmother (or Nan, as I'm called) is the most wonderful part of life. Thank you so much for joining us at #MLSTL and sharing your thoughts. I'm sure all of the grandmothers will totally agree - there is nothing like the love we have for our grandchildren. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue - tis is bar far the best job in the world. Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

      Delete
  2. I'm a Nan to my two year old granddaughter and her parents are about to have a little sister for her in a few weeks. It is just the BEST thing ever being a grandmother - I had no idea how much I'd enjoy it. We live two hours away and they will never move nearby, but the distance isn't too bad and we try to visit every 6wks - she's a bit little for Skyping etc but still loves to say hi when we do and show us her latest toy etc. And BTW I get in trouble for spoiling her too!
    Thanks for linking up with us at #MLSTL and I've shared this on my SM :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leanne, I do my best to see my little guy every other month, but we Skype in between. I always wish he were closer but I do the best I can. Those Skype calls are the best.

      Delete
  3. One of the best days of my life was when our daughter had her daughter and I became Grandma! A name I love hearing. I cared for her 3 days a week (took leave from my school to do it) as a baby and we have a very close relationship..she is now 21. We have 2 grandsons and 6 granddaughters and it is a delight to be part of their lives. Whilst we do not live close to them any more and that's a bit tough, when we do see them we make the most of it! I love your post! So get it! Denyse #mlstl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Denyse, I was there when William was born and stayed for a month so I know exactly what you mean. I see him as often as I can and I am hopeful that my daughter will move back soon so I can help care for my little guy. I too love the name Grandma - I think of it as an earned title. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today.

      Delete
  4. My daughter has a plaque that says "Many a child has been spoiled because you can't punish Nana". lol And one daughter sent me the picture of the kid eating the big candy bar she said she thought this was what we did before we send the kids home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too Funny, my daughter already accuses me of giving my grandson too many goodies, but I always protest that's my job to spoil him. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

      Delete
  5. All of you replying are so lucky to be grandmas and spoil your grand-children. Our son moved over a thousand miles away. He has cut us out of his life. Not sure if he has 3 or 4 kids now and we've only seen one over 12 years ago. We have been forbidden to see them, call them or visit them. We are so sad, frustrated and hurting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry. I hope your son will change his mind and give you the chance to be in your grandchildren's lives.

      Delete