I’m not sure who had the idea of National Get Caught Up with Reading month, but this is an event that I really need. I am seriously addicted to books, I have so many books that I “plan on reading soon”.
· There are piles of books next to my bed.
· There are three full bookcases of books, and there is another crate of books on the floor in my office closet that I have been meaning to read.
· I have hundreds of books downloaded onto my kindle.
· I have over 1000 books on my Goodreads ‘to-read’ list
· I have a serious problem.
I read books for my book club. I read books that other authors have asked me to review. I read new books that my favorite authors release. I read new best-seller books that sound fun. I re-read some of my favorite childhood classics. I read books that people are talking about. I read books that I won on Goodread’s giveaways. I read books to keep learning even more about history. I read books that just look interesting for some reason. I have a serious book addiction.
I am so excited for the summer months because during the lazy days of summer I spend much more time reading, but honestly if I did nothing but read full time for the next year I am not sure if I could finish the all the books I own.
Excuse me – I’m going to go do some reading now – and hopefully make a small dent in my pile of books to be read.