Monday, October 23, 2023

Reflections on My First Year in Oregon

 


Reflections on My First Year in Oregon

 

Last year my husband and I made a big change and moved from our home in Arizona to live near my daughter and grandchildren in Oregon. We both love it here.  Obviously moving from the desert to the Pacific Northwest is a big life change and there have been so many things I have noticed over this past year that make living here so special.  


·      The best part of being here is of course being so close to our grandchildren.


·      Appreciating the changing seasons.


·      The water – the incredible access to rivers, lakes, and the amazing Oregon coast.


·      OMG the wineries – so many incredible wineries with spectacular views and such a fantastic selection of wines.


·      The abundance of food that grows here, it grows everywhere – even in my own back yard.


·      Learning new skills like making my own jam


·      Hiking and exploring beautiful new places


·      Enjoying the slightly slower pace of life here and enjoying the simple things like

o  Seeing deer in my yard


o  Picking berries everywhere

o  Playing in fall leaves


o  Sitting by the fire when it’s snowing outside

 

It has been a great year and there is no doubt we are both happy that Oregon is now our home. 



2 comments:

  1. I've lived in a four season climate all but two years (Florida) of my life. I've moved several times but not in a long time. I'm happy the move is working for you. You are having a great time and I hope that continues. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oregon is a beautiful state.

    ReplyDelete