Sunday, September 7, 2014

Longing to be a Grandma

                                                 
Can I be honest?  I am a little jealous of my friends who are grandparents.  They post pictures of their grandchildren, just gushing with the kind of pride that only a grandma or grandpa could exude.  I look at those pictures and look at how much fun they seem to be having and I admit - I am jealous.  
I am not intending to put any pressure on my daughters, neither one of them feels like they are ready to have children yet and I agree.  Danielle still needs to finish school and Rachael is trying to get settled in Tennessee, buying a house, planning her wedding, she has more than enough to focus on without even thinking about having kids.  I understand all of that, but I do look forward to the day when I get to spoil a little boy or girl that will call me Grandma. 

My girls have always had such a fantastic relationship with their Grandma and Grandpa.  Ask either one of them and they will tell you about the special treats Grandpa used to make them, or the trips they went on with Grandma, or the times Grandma took them shopping...well you get the idea.  They have so many incredible childhood memories of their grandparents. I have some amazing role models to emulate when I do become a grandma.  It is so fun to watch my dad develop a relationship with his great-grandchildren too. 


 
Who wouldn’t want to be a grandparent after watching all that fun?  But for now I will just have to settle for being a great Aunt to some of the cutest nieces in the entire world, I  will practice my Grandma skills on them so that I am ready to spoil my own grandchildren when the time comes. 

Happy Grandparents Day to all the Grandmas and Grandpas out there – and to all the folks like me – who are looking forward to being a Grandparent.





No comments:

Post a Comment