Have you ever noticed that summer seems to arrive before you are ready for it, and then in what feels like the blink of an eye, the lazy days of summer vanish into the rush of fall activities? Now that Memorial day is over it is officially summer for most folks.
Well this year I am making a summer bucket list – a plan for some of the fun things I hope to accomplish during those warm and wonderful summer days.
· Un-plug – take some time completely away from technology, not e-mail, texting, tweeting or status updating. My goal is to completely unplug at least one day per week in the summer
· Binge watch for a day – There are so many shows that folks have told me that I MUST watch, so I was thinking about picking a day to do just that, go through the list of “you simply must watch” shows and grab some junk food, head for the couch and see what all the fuss is about
· Road trip – summer is such a perfect time to hit the road, what a great excuse to go and see my childhood friend from Sedona that I have been meaning to visit
· Feel the sand between my toes – summer is simply not complete without a trip to the beach
· Read – duh, I already love to read, but summer is perfect for those fabulous beach reads, the books that are light and fun & my favorite author for beach reads is Claire Cook but there are so many others
· Tubing down the Salt River – there is nothing quite like a day on the river, floating along with friends
· Make a blanket fort – who says kids get to have all the fun, there is no rule that adults can’t make a fort in the living room and enjoy some grown up fun reliving their childhood
· Spend a night star gazing – Summer is perfect to sit outside and enjoy the night sky, especially in August when the meteor showers give a spectacular show
· Go skinny dipping – A nighttime swim with my hubby can be romantic and fun, and a great way to cool off on a hot summer night…or make it even hotter J
· Have friends over for a BBQ – nothing says summer like hot dogs and hamburgers on the grill
· Go fishing – time up in the mountains is a must during the summer and hubby has a cool new fly-fishing pole that he really wants to use
· Plan a romantic picnic – packing goodies to eat and reliving that sweet moment from every known chick flick where the couple lays dreamily on the blanket.
What’s on your summer bucket list?