Sunday, June 7, 2015

Do you remember your first book?

Books have been an important part of my life for as long as I can remember. When I think about my love for reading I can still recall sitting in my bedroom when I was 7 or 8 years old, with tears running down my face because Charlotte had died.  I was so devastated, how was Wilbur going to manage without his lovely friend Charlotte?  That book cemented my life-long love of reading.

There have been many other amazing books and authors over the years.  I loved to escape with Danielle Steel and her sappy romances.  I was intrigued by the incredible ironic twists from Jeffrey Archer.  I was captivated with Dan Brown long before “The Davinci Code” became a best seller.  I continue to love reading, and I have joined a book club to challenge myself to read even more.  
I am so amazed at how a book can be viewed so differently by different readers.  I am not a big fan of fantasy or sci fi, but I love historical fiction.  We all have such unique tastes when it comes to books.
I would love to know what books have been a special part of your story, what was the one book or books that began your love of reading?  Please share in the comments below.





No comments:

Post a Comment