Friday, July 29, 2016

Would you go on a surprise vacation?

I LOVE to travel.  I have always loved to visit new places.  My mother always said I had wanderlust.  I have travelled with my husband. I have travelled with my daughters.  I have travelled by myself.  I have now travelled to 40 out of the 50 states and over 16 foreign countries. 

Yes, I think Travel is encoded in my DNA so I was really intrigued when I heard about a fun new travel trend – Surprise travel.   I saw a post that a friend shared on Facebook that introduced a new company called PackUp & Go. 

According to the Pack Up & Go website, “Pack Up + Go plans 3-day weekend trips around the United States. All you have to do is tell us your budget and fill out a quick survey.  We'll take care of your travel + accommodation arrangements - all while keeping your destination a surprise.”

According to Lonely Planet, “Customers have a choice of embarking on a road trip (starting at $450 per person) or booking a vacation that includes air travel (from $650). All you have to do is choose your dates and tell the company your budget, and then fill out a quick survey and check off a list of things you enjoy, such as craft beer, live music, comedy clubs, outdoor activities, etc.” Your plans include an itinerary based on your survey answers. 


I am sure this kind of travel isn’t for everyone, but for those with an adventurous spirit, the company does all the planning and you simply show up when they tell you.

I am so excited about this concept – I am thinking of doing a surprise trip for my husband’s birthday.  I promise to share about our experience. 

Is a surprise trip something you would enjoy?  You can check out their website at http://www.packupgo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment