Tuesday, June 13, 2017

I wanna go back


Is there one special place in your life?  Is there a place that makes you smile every time you think about it?  That place for me is Antigua, specifically Hermitage Bay Resort in Antigua, where I was married.  My third wedding anniversary is coming up and I can’t help but think about all of the amazing memories from that trip.  As far as weddings go, mine was absolutely perfect.  It was truly paradise. 

My husband indulged me with the trip of a lifetime to the most spectacular resort.  We were married barefoot on the beach, and we were pampered and treated like royalty for 10 days. 

We walked along romantic beaches, hand-in-hand.  We swam in turquoise water.  We snorkeled, sailed and even went scuba diving. 


Thanks to Facebook and their incessant ‘memories’ popping up, I have been thinking quite a bit about Antigua.  Although it is out of our budget right now, I do hope that we will be able to go back, perhaps to celebrate an anniversary in the future. 



Antigua holds a special place in my heart and I can’t wait to return. 

8 comments:

  1. Antigua is on my bucket list! It looks beautiful. My husband and I got married in Nevis. It was just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Valerie - you definitely should go, it was amazing. Beach weddings are so wonderful. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Oh gosh, O'ahu, where I grew up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bonnie - I want to visit O'ahu too, but Antigua was amazing.

      Delete
  3. Antigua looks like a place I would like very much, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those photos are adorable! I'm putting this on my list of places to visit! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful vacation. I love the Caribbean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca - I can't wait to go back. The beaches are so beautiful and the Antiguan people are lovely.

      Delete