Thursday, July 27, 2017

Instead of someday – why not today?

If you are like me you probably have a list of things you would love to do someday.  Not quite a bucket list, but that unofficial list of things you hope to do or achieve. 
·      I have always wanted to learn piano. When I was younger, my mom said I had piano fingers.  
·      I have been meaning to work on scrapbooking  (the last page I did when my youngest was four and she is now 24, so it’s been awhile). 
·      I would really love to do more kayaking and maybe even take a class to learn more skills.
·      I want to scan and organize all of our old family photos.  I have boxes of photos to go through.

In the business of life I get very busy and often distracted, and it seems as if there is little time to do the things I have on my list and that doesn’t even begin to cover the extremely long list of all the places I want to go and visit. 

I know, I know, there is only so much time and money and trying to keep up with work and home responsibilities makes it hard to even consider some of those ‘someday’ items on your list but that’s the whole point.  I don’t want to wake up someday too old to do the things I want and regretting the fact that I didn’t make the time when I could have enjoyed them. 


That’s why I have decided that traveling vicariously through my friends on Facebook is not enough.   Starting today I am setting daily, weekly and monthly goals to get going on my list.  I will commit to skipping bad TV re-runs and instead choose to organize photos at least one day a week. 

I am making plans to visit Iceland with one of my good friends this fall.


I may not get it all done right away but I am no longer just waiting for someday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment