Friday, January 5, 2018

Thankful




As the New Year starts I want to share a fun tradition from our house that reminds us to be thankful, our thankfulness jar. I saw this idea online and decided to adopt it as a tradition in our house. Anytime something good happens, something we are thankful for, we write a note and put it in the jar. We make a special time on New Year’s Eve or New Year’s Day to look back at our past year and all of the things we are thankful for.

We had so much fun reminiscing about the great events and activities of the past year.  My hubby and I took turns reading each of the notes and we spent time talking about each one.  It was such a positive way to end one year and begin the new one.  

The biggest challenge is to remember to stop and write the notes.  I made sure to put our jar in a prominent and easy to reach location. Our jar is in the family room right in the middle of the shelf so we can see it each time we sit down to eat or watch TV.  I have a pen right next to the jar as well.  It only takes a minute to jot down a quick note.  It's so exciting to see our jar fill up, and as the notes go in the jar it helps to reinforce the many wonderful things we have to be thankful for each day. 

What are you thankful for as we begin 2018?  Grab a jar and start collecting your thankful notes too, and I know you will be glad you did.  


2 comments:

  1. This is an awesome idea- I’d love to use it in my classroom with my 8th grade students!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea! I think this would be fun in a classroom. Thanks for sharing

      Delete