Friday, April 20, 2018

Note to Self


CBS this morning is releasing a book of advice from famous guests that they have interviewed.  This book is entitled “Note to Self” and it includes brief letters that celebrities have written to their younger selves.  CBS will also be including one letter written by a viewer,  and they have invited viewers to submit their own letters so I spent some time thinking about what I would write to my younger self (if I could only write 250 words).  

Note to Self,

Every experience good or bad, every person kind or otherwise has led you to the person you are and the person you will become.  Make sure to embrace each moment.  The two most important pieces of advice I can give you are these; let go of that need to please others and trust your instincts.  

I can honestly say that my life today is better than ever because I have learned to embrace being myself. I am no longer afraid to be me and if someone doesn’t like me, then I don’t need to keep that person in my life. I caused myself so much heartache by trying to please others.  I bent over backwards or put up with behavior or comments that were hurtful, and I should never have to do that.  There are so many wonderful people who will appreciate you for who you are, so always be your genuine self, and be unapologetic about it.   

Next –trust your intuition. You know when something is wrong; you can feel it in your gut.  Don’t ignore that feeling.  It means something.  You can save yourself and others a great deal of heartache if you learn to listen to your inner voice.  If it feels like something is wrong, it is. If you feel like someone is trying to tell you something, they are.  Listen to yourself.


Embrace the wonderful chaos that you are and celebrate your life, you deserve to have a wonderful life so don’t be afraid to go for it.  



The contest ends Friday April 20th, but here is the link for info if you want to learn more 
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/note-to-self-call-for-submissions-cbs-this-morning/

What advice would you give your younger self?  Leave your advice in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment