Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Cheers to Midlife!

I saw this online and I LOVED it. This is one of the best parts of Midlife, learning to be comfortable in your own skin. 

One of the best lessons that we learn as we age is that life is too short to worry about what other people think. There is something incredibly freeing about Midlife; being able to make your own choices, being finished with raising your kids, and having the knowledge to value your time. 

We all only get so much time on this planet, and there is something about beginning the second half of your journey that gives you the confidence to put yourself first. 

I know I have worked hard my whole life. I put my husband and kids first. I volunteered in their classroom. I participated in my professional organizations. I worried about what others thought of me.  I don’t worry about that at all anymore. I worry about being happy, spending time with my loved ones and achieving my dreams. What someone else thinks of me doesn’t matter at all.  

Cheers to Midlife for helping so many of us learn how to really enjoy ourselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment