Friday, September 28, 2018

I’m angry



I don’t know about you, but right now this all just feels like too much to bear. Watching the heart-wrenching testimony of Dr. Christine Blasey Ford and the disgust, disinterest and degradation of the old white men in power and how they disregarded her words has left me feeling angrier than I can ever remember. It is not a momentary anger, this is a built up frustration of decades of men being held to a different standard than women. 

·      This is an anger at un-equal pay, but I can’t even say for equal work because women work twice as hard for half the recognition. 
·      This is an anger at being dismissed simply because of my gender. 
·      This is an anger at  being told I should “smile” as a way to dismiss me and my feelings. 
·      This is an anger at all the times someone accidentally brushed against my chest. 
·      This is an anger at not being allowed to take a maternity leave.
·      This is an anger at the many salespeople that walked past me to shake hands with my husband first, as if I wasn’t even there.
·      This is an anger at the time I first got married and my credit cards were then put in my husbands name.
·      This is an anger at a voting public who believe lies about a female candidate but disbelieved the truth about a male one.
·      This is an anger about watching the Anita Hill hearing on TV back then and realizing that NOTHING has changed.

·      This is an anger at the college professor who gave my daughter a lower grade than her male classmate for the same work. 
·      This is an anger at being told I am too loud and that women should be seen and not heard.
·      I am angry about so many more things like this.


I am ANGRY because I have every right to be angry and I have just one thing to say to those misogynistic old white men who dismissed me and every other woman this week – I am angry and I WILL VOTE. And I am not alone!


No comments:

Post a Comment