Saturday, April 4, 2015

My Guilty Pleasure

 I have a guilty confession, every year, around this time; I indulge in a special treat – Brach’s Marshmallow Chicks and Rabbits.  I don’t know why, but I just love them.  They’re my favorite Easter treat. 

Most people don’t actually like them.  They are just like those orange marshmallow circus peanuts you might remember from your childhood; you either love them or hate them, and I happen to have a weakness for them, though I understand why some people wouldn't.

  I guess there are enough people like me, who do actually buy them, because they return to store shelves each year at Easter, right next to the jellybeans and chocolate bunnies. 

There is just something special about the texture, and how they seem to melt in your mouth.  I am not a huge candy eater, and I rarely have marshmallows except in my hot chocolate, but opening the bag and biting into one of those colorful chicks or rabbits is such a special treat.  Thankfully I can only get them for a few weeks before Easter, and usually after eating a handful or two, I have had my fill of these extremely sweet treats.  I know it doesn’t make any sense, and I can’t explain it, but for me one of the best parts of Easter are my ‘chicks and rabbits’.

1 comment:

  1. I've never tried them! I do like the elephant peanuts, though I can't really eat them much anymore. They're just TOO too much. Not sure if it's sweet, heavy, something. But these are cute! Enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete