Thursday, July 31, 2014

Happy Birthday Harry

 
Today is Harry Potter’s very famous birthday – July 31st so I just wanted to take a minute to say thank you to Harry, Ron, Hermione and all of their wonderful magical and muggle friends for the amazing memories. 

Reading the Harry Potter books with my daughters, and later fighting over who would be first to read each new addition to the incredible series, these books were a big part of our lives.  Harry and his friends may have had the power to cast spells, but for us the real magic was the special memories and the love of reading that these books inspired. 
I also want to extend a special thanks to JK Rowling for all of the many lessons she gave us, not just through her novels, but through her life.  Lessons like determination – when she was a single mom, out of work, being rejected by numerous publishers, yet she persevered.    
I look forward to the day when I will be able to share these books with grandchildren, watching them fall  in love with Harry and his friends just like my girls did (NO PRESSURE girls, I’m not in a big hurry for grandkids). 

Today might just be July 31st to some, but for me it will always be a very magical day – Happy Birthday Harry

“We do not need magic to transform our world. We carry all the power we need inside ourselves already.”
― J.K Rowling











1 comment:

  1. It's so fun to see the cast when they were so small and now they're all grown up. Time goes by quickly.

    ReplyDelete