Saturday, November 1, 2014

Busy with NoNoWriMo - I'll be back in December



I have made a commitment to myself to participate in NaNoWriMo this year.  For anyone who’s unfamiliar with NaNoWriMo, the idea is to draft 50,000 words of a new novel within the month of November.  It is a voluntary program and individuals choose to participate for lots of reasons, but mostly they choose to participate for the added support and camaraderie in order to get a first draft completed.  Individuals ‘win’ at NaNoWriMo if they manage to write their 50,000 words during November. 


I will not be sharing very many blog posts in November, and I won’t be doing a great deal of reading either – I really want to commit to this writing goal.  Writing fiction is incredibly difficult and I really hope that I can be successful.  Even if I reach my goal of a first draft by the end of November, that is only the first step – next will come the editing and cover design and more editing…but getting that first draft written will be amazing – so wish me luck, and please don’t be mad if you don’t hear very much from me for the next 30 days.  
                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment