Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Thailand or bust

The Grand Palace
There it was sitting in my inbox, the email from Groupon.  I don’t usually look that closely, but the first item in the email was a trip to Thailand.  A beautiful inviting picture of the River Kwai was prominently featured in the email, and it worked – it completely reignited my desire to visit Thailand.
Ayutthaya Ruins
Several years ago my family was incredibly fortunate to meet a young lady from Thailand who spent a school year living with us and stealing our hearts.  At first I was a little nervous about hosting a foreign exchange student, but as soon as we met Pannita we were instantly connected.  As our year with her ended, we hugged our Thai daughter and tearfully promised we would come visit some day. 

That was almost ten years ago and I still long to visit Thailand.  I have always had a strong desire to travel and seeing Thailand is at the top of my list.  Not only would I get to spend time with my ‘Thai daughter’ and hopefully get a chance to meet her family, but I would be able to see so many of the incredible sights of this beautiful country.   
Reclining Buddha

With thousands of years of history, Thailand has so much to offer. Some of the sites that are specifically on my list are:
Ayutthaya Historical Park – Exploring the beauty of history of the incredible country, the city of Ayutthaya was founded by King Ramathibodi I in 1350 and sacked by the Burmese in 1569.  These archeological ruins looks amazing
Bangkok’s Grand Palace - The palace has been the official residence of the Kings of Siam since 1782.
Damnoen Saduak Floating Market – shopping via boat sounds amazing
Elephant Nature Park – I mean who doesn’t want to hang out with elephants


I may not make it to Thailand soon, but I know I will make it there someday.


2 comments:

  1. The picture with the seated Buddhas and blue sky is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, but I can't take credit for any of the pictures, these were just a few of the ones I fell in love with when I did a google search. Thanks for stopping by my blog

      Delete