Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Serendipity

Merriam Webster dictionary defines serendipity as 'luck that takes the form of finding valuable or pleasant things that are not looked for'.  A pleasant surprise, a happy accident, looking for something else and finding what you really want. 

 
 
Life rarely ever happens according to our plans.  When we open ourselves up to new ideas, what happens next can be truly wonderful.  I can only describe meeting Peter  as serendipity.  He is so amazing, he is not at all what I thought I would find and yet he is perfect for me.

 
I feel like serendipity is stepping in again, as I consider what I want to do with the rest of my life, I have become restless and unhappy with the teaching profession ( and obviously I am not alone).  I love teaching and I will miss it a great deal, but just as I am considering making a change, serendipity happens and Peter gets a raise, he encourages me to pursue my other lifelong dream of writing.  I have the ideas and now I have the support to explore writing. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment