Tuesday, January 14, 2014

The best laid plans and all that mumbo jumbo

Wow - this cold/bronchitis/viral infection is really kicking my butt.  It is astounding how much this illness is wiping me out.  I was explaining my throat felt like I had swallowed steel wool and I have this horrible headache that just won't go away.  Peter thinks the headache is from a fever - but its annoying.  Medicine isn't even making a dent in the symptoms yet.  Thank goodness I have plenty of sick days to use, but it sure isn't fun.  I had all these great plans about getting back to the YMCA so I could loose some weight for the wedding.   I'm not obsessing about it, but I would really like to loose at least 25 pounds so I can look and feel great for the wedding.  The awesome part is that I know Peter doesn't care either way - this is just for me.  Well - I have been too sick to even consider working out, but the good news is that I have also been too sick to eat or even feel hungry - so I have lost about 5 pounds so far.  
Once I actually start feeling better I will be heading back to the Y so I can keep working on my goals.  It is incredible - the wedding is only six months from today!  I feel so incredibly grateful to have found such an amazing guy.  Peter is perfect for me.  I do want both of us to loose some weight and get in better shape so that we have plenty of years to have fun together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment