Wednesday, May 7, 2014

I Hate Bullies


Just like Captain America, I hate bullies! I love how the character of Steve Rogers won’t back down from a bully, even if the bully is much bigger than he is.  A bully can really hurt someone, but bullies don’t always throw punches, sometimes bullies are much worse than that.

Working in middle school, I see some kids get picked on and bullied, and I always try to intervene.  Sometimes the bully isn't who you think. 


I work with someone who is a bully.  Bullies do their job through intimidation and fear.  Unfortunately for me, just like Captain America, I have never been the kind of person who will back down from a bully.  This has often led to challenges, and in the words of Brittany Spears, “Oops I did it again,”  I called a bully out for their bad behavior, and in true bully form this person is trying to use fear and intimidation tactics against me for challenging them.  It’s too bad this bully doesn’t understand anything about real leadership.  Fear, intimidation and bullying are never part of effective leadership.
 
Have you ever seen that TV show called “What would you do?” where the hosts set up awful situations where someone is being a jerk and they see who will step in and say something.  I know I would be the person who would say something.  I have always been the kind of person who speaks up when I see something wrong.  I’m glad that the bully is focused on me, I know I am strong enough to stand up to this bully, and they will be so busy with me that they won’t have time to bully other people for a while.  It’s not fun to stand up to a bully, but someone has to step up and challenge those bullies…..
And like Steve Rogers said – “I can do this all day!”
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment