Thursday, December 11, 2014

Eggnog

 I am one of “those’ people who love Christmas. To me Christmas isn’t just a day; it is a special season for celebrating.   


I have copies of almost every Classic Christmas movie, and I watch all of them each and every year, much to the dismay of my husband and kids.  There is a certain order to the movies, for example the first movie each year has to be Miracle on 34th Street, which I try to watch on Thanksgiving or the Friday after.  Why? Miracle on 34th Street begins on Thanksgiving at the Macy’s parade, ushering in the holiday season.  I watch all of the movies;  I smile as Bing Crosby sings and dances his way to a White Christmas or as Jimmy Stewart tugs at our heart strings, I watch all the classic cartoons (Jim Carey is incredibly talented but I still prefer the cartoon version of Grinch). 

With help from my family, I put up decorations all over the house.  I send out Christmas cards every year.  I burn candles with scents of pine and cinnamon. Yes, I love Christmas in our home.  

One of the things I enjoy the most is Eggnog, that delicious festive drink that embodies the holiday spirit.  There is something very special about sitting in the living room looking at the Christmas lights on the tree with a glass of eggnog, or sipping on my eggnog and watching as Clark Griswold struggles to give his family the perfect Christmas.  Eggnog is something we only drink during the Christmas season, from Thanksgiving Day through New Years.  Sometimes I put some Brandy in my eggnog to add to the celebration.   I know that once the holidays are over, the eggnog will be gone again until next November, so I always take time to enjoy it  while its here.  


No comments:

Post a Comment