Wednesday, June 27, 2012

What the heck is Norethindrone?



 Evil Uterus
 It has been a very interesting week.  After bleeding profusely for two straight days, I realized I was really bleeding an excessive amount (let's just say I visited more public restrooms than I will ever care to see again and going through a super plus tampon per hour). I decided I had to call the doctor - of course being away in Huntington beach didn't make things any easier, but after explaining all of this to my doctor's assistant (and yes it is weird to discuss bleeding with a guy over the phone) the doctor called in a prescription, so I filled it, and picked up some high potency iron.  I have to say those package inserts full of dislaimers are NOT very comforting - my package basically said don't take this but if you do there a bajillion side effects - awesome!  The medicine is Norethindrone which is a progesterone hormone, and from what I read on various internet health sites. it is commonly prescribed for bleeding.  So I still have no news from the biopsy (translation - already scared & anxious) and now I am scared about the effects of taking hormones (even more scared & anxious). 


I mean really the side effects are nausea, vomiting, headache, dizziness, mood swings, trouble sleeping, weight gain/loss (and with my luck lately I'm pretty sure mine will be the gain one), acne, breast swelling, unwanted hair growth (really- is there usually wanted hair growth?), and these aren't even the serious side effects, there's a whole other list of potentially serious ones...................

Keeping my fingers crossed that the bleeding stops and that I get the biopsy results soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment