Thursday, February 13, 2014

Happy Birthday Mom


Mom,
I wanted to write you a note to let you know how much I miss you.  Your birthday is on a Thursday this year, but I know you love it most when your birthday is on a Friday.  You always loved defiantly saying you were born on Friday the 13th.  I really want to say thank you Mom for helping to make me the person that I am today.  You always taught me to stand up for myself, but you were always there when I needed  a soft lap to snuggle on and a warm embrace.   I miss you.  I think about you so often.  When I see one of the beautiful Arizona sunsets, I can’t help but call it sky-blue-pink and smile. 

During the wonderful summer monsoon storms I sit outside and look at the lightening and think about the many times we sat in the living room looking at the storms over the Rincon mountains.  
 


When I think about Danielle’s growing modeling career I know how happy you would be, and I think of how many times you said she should be a model. She is such a beautiful person inside and out - but you knew that right away.  I guess all that free ice cream and French fries you got her weren't a problem.


 I know you would be so proud of Rachael working to become a nurse.   I wish you could have seen her graduate college.   I know how important college has always been to you.  You were always so proud of your brilliant red-headed grand-daughter.  I know she will be such a beautiful bride - I wish you could be here to see that.  We will save a special place for you & Grandma at her wedding.


I think you would really love Peter.  In some ways he is a lot like you.  I will be thinking of you at our wedding this summer.  I know you would love traveling to Antigua and being spoiled at the resort - having fancy tropical drinks with little umbrellas and pieces of fruit in them, and don't worry there are no big waves so Rachael & Shelby won't say you look like a turtle. 

We all miss you Mom.  I just want you to know how much we all love you and that you were an incredible Mom.  I'm going to get some halvah and enjoy it, and maybe I'll watch Fiddler on the Roof for your birthday, because I know it will make me feel closer to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment