Saturday, February 15, 2014

Reaching a milestone - Take time to celebrate

10,000 Words! Reaching a Goal!


I am celebrating a milestone today - I have reached over 10,000 words on my book.  Since most books range in the 80,000-100,000 word range I know that I still have a long way to go, but reaching a milestone is an opportunity to stop and celebrate, just for a few minutes, the fact that I am one step closer to reaching my goals. 


 Taking time to celebrate your achievements makes it even more likely that you will continue to strive and work toward your goals without getting frustrated or burning out.  What are some simple fun ways to celebrate?

·         Shout out loud! Seriously this works not only to increase your endorphin levels which will boost your creativity, but it is actually fun.  Go for it & give that primal yell that you deserve.

·         If it is the end of your work day – feel free to imbibe in a glass of wine or perhaps your favorite cocktail & if this is a particularly important milestone – go for it with some Champaign. 

·          Let it inspire you to get a jump start on your next goal.  The excitement you feel can be a powerful motivator. 

·         Share your victory!  Call someone, send a message to a friend, put a post about it on your blog or Facebook page.  Let your friends (and your fans) celebrate with you.  Another author I know was so excited about finishing her manuscript that she had a party. 

 
Once the celebrating is done, its back to work – and as for me, I have a lot more work to do. 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment