Friday, March 14, 2014

Book Review: Gabby, Angel of God

Gabby, Angel of GodGabby, Angel of God by Greg Sandora
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This was an Author requested review and this might be a case of 'be careful what you ask for'. I found this book engaging at times, but I also found Gabby, Angel of God to be jumbled and confusing in many of the plot twists and turns. I also found the story to be very preachy at times, well beyond what I expected for a novel about an angel of God. The story revolves around Bo, a grieving widower, who meets Gabby, an angel of God sent here on missions of God to help people. These missions often involve fighting demons in human form. The main character Bo is often confused by the events that unfold, and so is the reader. The minor characters are never fully developed and just feel like pawns that Gabby toys with. Gabby must leave in two weeks, although the reason makes very little sense. Bo also has the chance to go back in time to see his dead wife. He is given instructions to be careful not to disrupt time or there will be serious consequences, but he does make big changes & there don't seem to be any consequences to his actions. Unless supernatural & spiritual based stories are your preferred genre, I would not recommend the book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment