Wednesday, March 12, 2014

I did it - 31 days straight of writing #500words

 
It might not be as big as summiting Everest or finishing an Ironman, but it is a big accomplishment for me.  I am excited to announce that I have met a goal I set for myself.  I knew that the only way to become a better writer was to practice, practice, practice, so I made a commitment to myself to take the 500 words a day challenge.  I made sure to write a minimum of 500 words every single day for the last month (31 days).   

I don't win any prize.  I didn't make any money.  I did, however, push myself to work hard every single day, whether I felt like writing or not, because I wanted to be able to say I did it.  I didn't take a single day off.  During that month of writing, I competed over 10,000 words on my book and wrote over two dozen blog posts.  It wasn't always easy, I do have to admit I really had to push myself for a few of those days.  I was lucky on several days where the writing just came easily & one day I had a marathon writing afternoon of almost 5,000 words. 

I have always told my students that to be good at anything they need to practice & writing is no exception.  I hope that my diligence this past month has helped to improve my writing skills.  I am really proud of this past month and what I have accomplished.    
 
I do plan to continue to challenge myself everyday - maybe I will try for 1,000 words per day next month?


No comments:

Post a Comment